Statement of Commitment
The Dufresne Group (TDG) is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities to ensure equal opportunity and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under the accessibility laws.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
TDG is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our store.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. TDG will provide, on request, information in an accessible format or with communication supports to people with disabilities.
We will also meet internationally-recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA website requirements in accordance with accessibility laws.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed in the areas of our premises that are open to the public.
All support persons are welcome on the premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, such as automatic door system not working, TDG will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be place outside or inside the store, depending on the disruption.
We will notify employees, potential hires, and the public that accommodations can be made during recruitment and hiring.
We will notify employees that supports are available for those with disabilities. We have developed individual accommodation plans for employees.
Where needed, we will provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency.
Training for Staff
- TDG will provide training to employees, volunteers, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
- Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Customer Service Representatives, Sales Professionals, Store Administration Managers, Sales Managers, and Store Managers.
- This training will be provided to staff within their three-month probationary period.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- TDG’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use or set up equipment or devices, such as a ramp, available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing TDG’s goods and services.
- If there are changes to this plan.
Notice of availability of documents
TDG will notify the public that documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice on our website and having available a copy of this policy in all our stores.
TDG will provide this document in an accessible format or with communication support, on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and at no additional cost.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way TDG provides goods and services to people with disabilities can:
- Directly speak to the Store Manager; or
Chat live at www.ashleyhomestore.ca or choose a contact option from our “Guest Care” page and we will get back to you within 5 business days.